Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Today is pretty good

Things are better today. I just read my last post and that was depressing. True, but depressing. We are still busy, kids everywhere and such, but Rick and I are getting better. We are talking more than we have in years and we are both trying to work together. Today is a good day. I have been less stressed lately and a bit better and handling things at home.

The kids have each had their issues with school: Ricky forgot to turn in some assignments in Language Arts and got an F on one of them and then got a D on a spelling test. We had a talk, he was able to turn in 2 missing assignments and bam, his grade is back to a high B. All other grades are A's - what more could you want. Told another little lie on Monday, stupid and he is now spending the evenings with Rick and I at Matt's football practice sitting next to me as punishment.

Matt got 1 B and the rest A's on his interim. Forgot to bring a book to school and got in trouble for a little lie to his teacher and for hitting another kid with his lunch box. He lost some recess and gets to sit next to me at Ricky's football game tonight as punishment.

Emma got 1 B and all A's on her interim too. We noticed an F on a reading grade and I contacted Miss Coleman. Apparently she is reading in the 2nd grade reading group and has a little trouble with the comprehension worksheets. Miss Coleman wants to leave her in the group for the first quarter and see how she does. We are good with that. We certainly don't want to put extra pressure on her, but if Miss Coleman says to give it a try, then we will.

Ricky has a football game tonight - I hope he has a good game. He had a good game last week against West Milton - a couple of good tackles/blocks and he blocked a pass! Woo hoo, go Ricky.

Marcia and I noticed that Matt is almost as tall as Ricky is - he must have hit another growth spurt - Ricky needs to grow or Matt is going to take him over.

No comments: