Monday, October 04, 2010

Homecoming 2010

So this past weekend was the High School Homecoming game and dance. Did Ricky attend. Yes. Was he overly involved in the process. No.

He went with his friends to the game on Friday night and said he had a good time. On Saturday, he went with Nick Moyer to Shane's house. Shane's parents were hosting a dinner for about 10 kids who were heading to the dance later. He said it was ok, but he was a little uncomfortable. The dance started at 8 and around 9:30 I texted him to see how it was going. He said it was pretty boring. I was worried that it would be a bust. I offered to pick him up, but he said he wanted to stay. Around 10:30 I texted again and he said it had improved drastically. I was relieved. He then headed over to another friend's house after the dance and hung with a group until 1:00 a.m.

Why was I so worried about this dance? I have no idea. I just worried. I worried last year that he wouldn't have a good time. I worry about him and I don't need to. He has a good group of friends and from everything I see when we are around his friends, they truly like him for who he is... weirdness and all. He is an amazing kid.

No comments: