Well, it happened, although I tried to ignore the inevitable. On Sunday, Ricky and Emma were playing football and he apparently threw one at her and it hit her mouth and knocked out one of the bottom front teeth. The teeth have been really loose since she fell on the ice on President's Day and split her chin open. I kept telling her that she wasn't old enough to lose any teeth and therefore she couldn't wiggle them loose.
Well, she was initially in tears and very upset about the lost tooth. She told Rick she didn't want to lose her tooth yet. But in true Emma fashion, after we got her to rinse her mouth out and the boys were looking in the grass for her tooth (it was not to be found), she asked the question only Emma can ask.... Can I go look? Well, she ran inside, looked at the new hole in her mouth, and came back outside all smiles. She looked for the tooth for a minute, then called Grandma Cordes to tell her all about it (you get $10.00 for the first lost tooth from grandma). After that, it was back to football without any more cares. That is my girl. As I looked at her teeth the next day, i found that the permanent one had already broken through and the other baby tooth is really loose - ready to come out any day. I'm not ready though.... it isn't time yet...its too soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment