Football started 7/31 with conditioning. Ricky seems very excited this year about it. Last year was rough at the end. He was struggling with where he fit in life, he was upset about his ability and felt that he was doing a good job. We struggled with a lot of issues those last few weeks and I was concerned how he would react to this year. So far, he seems to have more confidence. He seems to really want to play and put forth an effort, more than last year I think.
Conditioning was easy for him. He loves to run and got to do plenty of it. The first day of pads was 8/9/06. Ricky was excited, at least that is what he said. He got in there and although still small and a bit timid, he held his ground. On the 2nd night of pads, he apparently blindsided another kid, Calvin Watkins and he was SOOOOOO proud of himself. Luke Landis even told him how cool it was and apparently a few other boys on the team complimented him on the hit. He was obviously very proud and I believe it gave him some more confidence. I am interested to see what the rest of the year brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment