So yesterday, I stumbled upon the fact that Ricky had a yahoo e-mail account. Interesting since he isn't allowed to do that.
We had a discussion with him last night and he immediately confessed to the account - that was good for him. He states that he wanted to e-mail some people, but they weren't cleared on his AOL account. Instead of just asking me to clear them, he created his own account. He said maybe he just wanted something that we didn't know about. I said that I understood that.
We also told him that going behind our backs and against our rules was not the way to handle this. We made him open his account and let us see what he had done and who he was e-mailing. We told him there was no reason he couldn't have those people added to his account.
This is on top of the fact that I just took his cell phone ... AGAIN.. .because he failed to study for a test and got a B on it. Simple rule, study and whatever grade you get, within reason, is acceptable to us. Don't study and you must get an A or you lose privileges. Well, this is the second time in a month he has lost his phone because he didn't study. His theory is he thinks he knows the information, so why study. This time he didn't know the information. He'll tell you but the last time I did. I have finally explained it like this - Is it worth the gamble to not study and take a chance of losing your phone? He says it isn't worth it, but so far, it must be because he continues to do it.
And mind you, studying in my book is going over the information with either Rick or me and if he knows it, the studying is done. I don't see a need to go over the same stuff for a half hour or longer just to say you studied. Bring the information home, let us quiz you and if you pass the home quiz, you are good to go. Simple. We'll see if the loss of the phone is enough of a deterrant to get him to study.. even just little. Ugh, kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment