Sunday, September 27, 2009

Changes

I am noticing that Ricky isn't home as much. He still has practice after school, just like the last 2 years, but now, he is gone almost every Friday night, without us. He has his pasta dinner for Cross Country, then he hangs with Nick Moyer and Dr. until the football game, then goes to the game and Kyle Rutherford brings him home. Last Friday, he stayed at Nick Moyer's house since the game was away. Tonight, he is bowling with Kyle R. This has happened a few times. I just don't like this sudden feeling that he is totally growing up right before my eyes. I feel like I am losing him a little at a time. Now is the time I really hope we have done a good job. He is spreading his wings and going out on his own, and now we will find out what we have taught him. It is a scary time and a sad time, but a time we always knew would come. I am watching my oldest grow and become a true teenager, on the way to becoming a man. I don't believe I like it.

No comments: