Excitement abounds today for my little girl. She is soooo excited to be turning 9. I don't know what it is with this number, but she is all over it. She told me a couple of days ago, as she was counting down to today, that this is the last year she will be in single digits. Those are her words, not mine. I am trying to make this birthday very fun and about her, although she has school and Rick and I have to work. The boys and I tried to sneak into her room this morning to wake her to HAPPY BIRTHDAY being yelled, but she heard us coming. She still smiled though. I made her requested breakfast - french toast with tons of powdered sugar. She loved it. We got her dressed and went outside to take birthday pictures. She was totally cooperative. Then we packed up her choc. chip cookie bar treats for school and went off to the bus.
Tonight she will be surprised after school when she is picked up by grandma and grandpa C to go pick out her new bike. She will be surprised again when she gets dinner at ColdStone Creamery. Then, a bit later, we will hide her presents and hopefully she will like the jewelry making stuff I bought her. Sunday we will have her family party with a swimming cake which she has "ordered" from her mother. Turning 9 is apparently great.
No comments:
Post a Comment