Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mornings and assorted stuff


I love that when I wake up Emma and Matthew they both want to hold my hand or touch me in some way. It is so sweet that the first thing they want is something from me to know that I am still there. Emma has been grabbing my hand or putting her arm around my waist to walk down the stairs to get breakfast. Matthew always puts his hand out, eyes open or closed, and wants me to hold his hand for a minute while he reconciles his brain to the start of a new day. Little things that I love.
Ricky doesn't say much when I wake him up, but sometime before I announce that I am ready to leave for work, he will seek me out to give me a big hug. Never a reason, never does he need anything, he just gives me a hug. I totally love that too; at 14, he still loves his mommy and isn't afraid to show me. Also funny, his buddy, Coy, now calls me "mommy". I think that comes from Ricky very easily calling me mommy around his friends. Sweet.

We have softball practice tonight and Rick is supposed to work with Ricky and the other hurdlers at track tonight. Weather is beautiful and it just puts you in a good mood. Tomorrow should be even better and Ricky has a meet at Dixie and Emma has a scrimmage. Great weather for outside stuff!

No comments: