Today I want to get back to blogging. Just snippits of life, my life, my thoughts, my experiences and those of my family, through my eyes.
This morning was hectic. Ricky was tired... has he been texting after he goes to bed? Is he just tired from his birthday gathering over the weekend? Is he getting sick? I don't know, but I plan to check it out. Breakfast was peach oatmeal - I wonder if he ate it all?
Matthew has the first of his OAT testing today - Reading. He had breakfast of peach oatmeal and raspberries. He took a snack of pretzels, cheese cubes and water. The teachers want them to eat healthy this week and have a good breakfast and lots of sleep. We are trying to do our part.
Emma seemed a bit tired, but she woofed down a waffle with peanut butter (a favorite) and raspberries. She has some testing this week too. Ugh.
Work was very hectic, Rick and I both got home late. I whipped together dinner - mac'n cheese and hamburger from a bag and a salad. Not the best in nutrition, but we are trying.
I did a couple of errands and we all plopped on the couch at 8:00 to watch American Idol. I enjoy the show, although I am not obsessed with it. I find it a good show for family time. Matthew kept disappearing to his room to "read". Not sure what that is about. We found a ton of candy wrappers in his room... again... over the weekend. They were behind and inside the back of his dresser. We had yet another conversation about eating all that candy and how some is good but all of that is bad for your health. We tried to stress that it doesn't have anything to do with how thin he is, that is just who he is. It has more to do with being healthy and strong. We'll see what happens this time. I am trying to watch more on the eating with everyone, but I fully believe you have to let them have sweets of some sort or they will totally binge.
Ah well, another day down.
No comments:
Post a Comment